By using Gift Aid

Countryside Learning can reclaim over £2,100 in Gift Aid tax – this will help pay for the cost of running a Countryside Classroom day where up to 300 children experience “Country Life” often for the first time. Please help us to make this figure even bigger. It is very simple, when making a donation providing you are a UK taxpayer, you could boost your charitable donations just by giving in a tax-efficient way.

If every charity supporter were to give their donations tax-effectively, charities could claim an estimated additional £900 million from the HM Revenue & Customs each year.

We appreciate that tax has its complexities and can be difficult to understand. If you are unsure about anything, please don’t hesitate to call our Chief Executive Gary Richardson on 07711 069092 or email , speak to your own tax expert or contact HMRC on their website

Gift Aid is one of the simplest and most effective ways of giving to charity. It is a scheme introduced by HM Revenue & Customs, which allows us to reclaim the basic rate tax you pay as a UK taxpayer. It means that for every £1 you donate Countryside Learning can claim an extra 25p of tax, at no extra cost to you. All that is required from you is a one-off declaration, please download the form.

Gift Aid can apply to donations of any amount made by an individual, large or small – it all adds up! You can Gift Aid your cash, cheque, postal order, direct debit, standing order donations. To qualify for Gift Aid, you need to be a UK taxpayer and to have paid sufficient income or capital gains tax to cover the amount of tax all the charities you give to will reclaim on your Gift Aid donations in the tax period in which they are received.

You only need to make a declaration once. We will keep this declaration as your enduring permission to claim gift aid tax relief on all donations you have made in the previous four years, the current year and any donations you might make to us in the future.

Please remember to let us know of any changes to your tax status, including changes to your name and address.

If you have not paid enough tax to cover in the past, or your tax status changes in the future, then please do let us know, otherwise we will keep on claiming and this could result in us receiving tax relief we are not entitled to, which could also have implications for you. You can contact Gary as above.

If you are a higher rate tax-payer, we are still only able to claim the basic rate of tax on your donation. However, you are able to reclaim the difference between the amount we reclaim and the 40% you pay yourself through your annual tax return. You will have no other paperwork to complete once you have filled out the declaration form either single or regular donation type. We reclaim the tax directly from HM Revenue & Customs, you just need to tick the box on the form to confirm you are a UK taxpayer. However, you may wish to keep a record of donations you make to charity in each tax year, to ensure that you continue to pay enough tax to cover the payments you make under Gift Aid.

If you stop paying tax or retire (state pensions alone is unlikely to qualify as you would need to earn above the personal allowance threshold to pay income tax -if this is your only source of income, we would always advise that you check with your tax office before completing a declaration) you can cancel the declaration at any time by emailing your full name and address, including your postcode to Gary as above.

If you have any further questions about Gift Aid – or if your circumstances change and you need to cancel the agreement – please contact Gary as above.